Dogfish Head Craft Brewery and Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas are stoked for the 7th year of the Off-Centered Film Fest. The OCFF is the perfect pairing of craft beer, delicious food, and home-grown film over the course of three awesome days, and Sam (the founder of Dogfish) will be there for all of it.
How To Enter
So, you think you have what it takes to be crowned the OCFF Filmmaking Champion? Here’s how to do it.
Shoot a 5-minute (or less) film incorporating the theme of “Off-Centered, Stuntin’ “. And what is "Stuntin'"? Think awe-inspiring feats. Think jumps, fire hoops, shooting out of cannons. Thinkdaredevils. Think Evel Knievel. Better yet, film Evel Knievel. That's "Stuntin'".
Dream a righteous "Stuntin'"-themed short. Film it. Submit it. (Be sure to adhere to all the guidelines listed HERE.) Submit your film between Jan. 31, 2014 and midnight on March 1, 2014 with the button below. Tell and show your friends (and their friends) and your uncle that you don’t really know (and his uncle that he doesn’t know), have them all VOTE for your video, and you just might just have a shot at glory (and prizes).
Dates: Thursday, April 24 – Saturday, April 26, 2014
Location: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema / Austin, Texas
- $2500 cash-o-la.
- A Delaware Dogfish Experience. 2 nights stay at The Dogfish Inn in Lewes, Delaware. Tour of Dogfish Head Craft Brewery (to include the Steampunk Treehouse). $50 Gift Card to Dogfish Head Brewings & Eats. Travel Stipend. An adventurous kayak excursion along coastal Delaware.
- FANTASTIC FEST FAN BADGE- Fantastic Fest takes place in Austin, TX from September 18th-25th, 2014. A FAN badge guarantees you a seat at all time slots during Fantastic Fest (just not necessarily your first choice film in each time slot). Most films screen more than once, so you should be able to see everything you want, with the exception of the high profile opening and closing films. The Fan Badges also include access to all of the Fantastic Fest parties, including the opening and closing night parties. Prize badges are non-transferrable. Email email@example.com with any questions at all!
1st, 2nd & 3rd Finalists:
- Airfare for 1 submitting director to Austin for the 2014 Off-Centered Film Fest (up to $400)
- Three nights hotel in Austin during the Off-Centered Film Fest
- Admission to all Off-Centered Film Fest events (2 people per event).
- A bag full of Dogfish Head and Alamo awesomeness.
The top three Jury Winners will be notified on or around March, 15 2014, to allow for travel arrangements.
- Submissions Open: January 31st, 2014
- Public Voting Begins: January 31st, 2014
- Submissions Close: March 1, 2014 at Midnight
- Public Voting Ends: March 5, 2014 at Midnight
- Top 12 Announced: March 6, 2014
- Top 3 Jury Winners Announced: No later than March 15, 2014
- Grand Prize Winner Announced: AT OCFF EVENT / APRIL 24-26, 2014 / Winner to be determined from Top 3 by the audience.
Sam Calagione & Dogfish Head
When Sam Calagione opened Dogfish Head in 1995 it was the smallest commercial brewery in America making 10 gallons of beer at a time. Today Dogfish Head is among the fastest growing breweries in the country. Dogfish Head has focused on brewing stronger, more exotic beers since the day it opened as the motto “Off-centered ales for off-centered people” attests to. Dogfish Head has grown into a 200 person company with a restaurant/brewery/distillery in Rehoboth Beach and a production brewery in Milton, Delaware, selling beer in 27 states. Sam served as Chairman of the Board of Directors for the Brewers Association in 2012 and 2013 and was a finalist in 2011, 2012 and 2013 for a James Beard Foundation Award in the Outstanding Wine & Spirits Professional category. Fast Company Magazine named Sam one of The 100 Most Creative People in Business in 2011. He is the author of “Brewing up a Business” and “Extreme Brewing,” and co-authored “He Said Beer, She Said Wine.” Sam lives in beautiful Lewes, Delaware, with his wife and Dogfish VP Mariah and their two children Sammy and Grier.
Tim League & Alamo Drafthouse
The Alamo Drafthouse is a lifestyle entertainment brand with an acclaimed cinema-eatery, the largest genre film festival in the United Sates and an online collectible art store. Named “the best theater in America” by Entertainment Weekly, the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema has built a reputation as a movie lover’s oasis not only by combining food and drink service with the movie-going experience, but also introducing unique programming and high-profile, star studded special events. Alamo Drafthouse Founder & CEO, Tim League, created Fantastic Fest, a world renowned film festival dubbed “The Geek Telluride” by Variety. Fantastic Fest showcases eight days of offbeat cinema from independents, international filmmakers and major Hollywood Studios. The Alamo Drafthouse’s collectible art boutique, Mondo, offers breathtaking, original products featuring designs from world-famous artists based on licenses for popular TV and Movie properties including Star Wars, Star Trek & Universal Monsters. The Alamo Drafthouse Cinema is expanding its brand in new and exciting ways, including the launch of Drafthouse Films, a new film distribution label and plans to extend its theaters and unique programming philosophy to additional markets across the United States. More information about Alamo Drafthouse franchise opportunities are available on the official website.